As an entrepreneur since the 1980’s I can say that there must be at least a million ways to get clients or customers, so I won't list them all here. Besides, you don't have time...you want/need clients now!
I know you’re busy - or need to get busy getting new customers, so let me get right to the point and share some ideas and resources to help you develop a marketing and customer centric mindset to draw new clients into your business. Notice I said "draw" not drag, sell or coerce them.
- Amaze your existing customers and learn everything you can about them and they’ll refer new customers too you.
Read Harvey Mackay’s book Swim With The Sharks Without Being Eaten Alive
- Identify similarities in your best customers and find out where they hang out (what they read, where they go, etc.) and make sure you and or your company’s advertising collateral is there too.
- Do the work. If you have to "speak" (not necessarily with your mouth) to 100 potential customers to gain one new client, then make sure you’re speaking to 100 potential customers. Read the following books for in-depth insights.
- Be reachable and build rapport. In today’s highly competitive environment and with today’s empowered customer, you can’t afford to miss a conversation with a potential new customer or client…they’ll simply go to your competition. Use your website and social media to effectively engage with new and existing customers.
Related Articles & Resources:
- 10 Simple Ways to Get More Customers…buffer blog - author Leo Widrich
- Two other great books...
Of course, it would be remiss of me, if I didn't mention that I would love to work with you in discovering your complete potential in business. Feel free to ask questions or give your feedback.
Last but not least, consider reserving a seat at our next interactive workshop.